The Elementary Studio is designed to create flexible spaces for work, learning, and play. It is a tight-knit community of mixed-age children who support each other and collaborate daily. This environment fosters a culture of respect and much of the character development that occurs here.
We replaced external motivators like high-stakes test scores and grades with an intrinsic growth mindset, so our children are motivated to work hard and have fun. Respect is the foundation for every other skill we learn at Acton Academy Dripping Springs. We respect our time, our fellow learners, our space, and our materials. The children work together to create rules for the space. Some areas might be off limits for play, while others are more flexible. Ultimately, the learners come together to agree to those ground rules and promises—all based on a key promise to not distract themselves or each other during times of work.
Enrollment Open for Fall 2021
Our Spark Studio embraces the fact that our young heroes process everything through their senses and this environment provides materials and activities to give them a joyful learning experience. They learn to be curious, have fun and explore natural interests through play and collaboration.
- Young heroes build the foundations of Reading, Goal Setting, and Indpendent Learning
- They start their journey towards mastery of tools, skills and character by working on acquiring small habits.
- Learners build the foundation for independent learning skills that prepares them to thrive in the Elementary School Studio.
Enrollment Open for Fall 2021
At our Elementary Studio we lay the foundation for the joy of learning as we encourage our young heroes to find their life’s calling and tap into their unique genius. Our well-balanced educational experience ignites curiosity, creativity, and the ability to ask good questions.
- Learners come together to learn core skills, and develop life skills and character while having ample opportunities for collaboration, exploration, and free play.
- Learners use hands-on materials as well as adaptive technology to build a strong foundation of core skills.
- Our Quests and Socratic discussions put a strong emphasis on creative and critical thinking.
- Learn how to set goals, work collaboratively, and love learning, while also helping and being helped by their friends in the Studio.
Middle School Studio
Young people in the Middle School Studio begin to embark into the real world, with the thrilling opportunities and responsibility that come with it.
- Learners apply real-world skills in hands-on projects including apprenticeships each year with heroes in the community.
- As young people grow into adolescence, their impact multiplies. Now, projects have real clients, skills are developed with rigor, and discussions embrace a new maturity.
- Adventure Studio offers a higher level of freedom, as well as a safe place to test your limits, failing early, cheaply and often.
We plan to launch our High School Studio – Launchpad – as soon as founding students from the lower studios mature to build this fast-paced work environment.
- Launchpadders get ready for real-world success by gaining valuable skills, mastering them through apprenticeships, and launching real startups, businesses and projects.
- Whether that's in business, science, humanities, or the arts, apprenticeships and projects increase in length and complexity, according to the Launchpadders experience and learning journeys at Acton.
- By the time a young person leaves Launchpad they have a portfolio of real-world work to prove what they can do.
Take a virtual tour of an Acton Academy studio
Hi, I'm Bill Jones. 👋
I'm Co-Founder & Head of School at Acton Academy Dripping Springs
I'd love to hear from you. Schedule a call below: